Everything in the world is made up of different parts that work together to perform a function. These parts can be living or non-living, and they can be small or large. When these parts work together, they form a system. Here, we will understand two human systems: the respiratory system and the circulatory system in humans.
- The respiratory system is responsible for breathing, which is essential for the release of energy.
- The circulatory system is responsible for transporting oxygen, carbon-di-oxide and nutrients to different parts of the body.
- Name the parts of respiratory and circulatory systems in humans.
- Describe the function of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels.
- Systems are made up of different parts.
- Each part of a system has its own unique function.
- Different parts of a system influence and work together to perform a specific function.
Points to Remember
- The respiratory system includes the nose, respiratory tract, lungs, and diaphragm.
- The circulatory system includes the heart, blood vessels, and blood.
What is the respiratory system responsible for?
What are the three main components of circulatory system?
Gullet transports food from ___________ to ____________.
What are the functions of the transport system in human body?
1. Helps in the transport of essential substances in our body
2. Helps to transport unwanted substances out of the cells