Number and Algebra
- This Secondary 2 Number and Algebra course delves into fundamental mathematical concepts, exploring ratios, algebraic expressions, functions, equations, and inequalities.
- Students engage in comprehensive learning, mastering topics such as quadratic functions, factorization, and problem-solving through equations in two variables.
The Secondary 2 Number and Algebra course delves into fundamental mathematical concepts essential for comprehensive understanding. Covering ratio, proportion, algebraic expressions, formulae manipulation, functions, graphs, equations, and inequalities, it enables students to grasp diverse mathematical principles. Emphasizing problem-solving through various methods—graphical, substitution, elimination— it equips learners to handle quadratic equations, factorization, linear expressions, and real-world applications. This comprehensive curriculum fosters a robust foundation in mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills crucial for further studies.
Who is this Course for?
- Secondary 2 students aiming to strengthen their foundational understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Learners preparing for more advanced mathematical studies in higher grades.
What you will Learn?
- Understanding and applying ratio and proportion concepts, including map scales for both distance and area calculations.
- Manipulating algebraic expressions and formulas through expansion, subject alteration, and deriving unknown quantities within given formulas.
- Performing factorization of linear and quadratic expressions and handling basic operations with algebraic fractions.
- Exploring quadratic functions, analyzing their graphs, and comprehending properties like positive/negative coefficients, maximum/minimum points, and symmetry.
- Solving equations and inequalities, mastering methods such as graphical representations, substitution, elimination, and factorization for linear and quadratic equations.
- Developing problem-solving skills by formulating pairs of linear equations in two variables to address real-world scenarios.
- Ratio and Proportion Mastery: Students will adeptly manipulate map scales for both distance and area, while demonstrating a nuanced understanding of direct and inverse proportion.
- Algebraic Proficiency: Mastery in expanding algebraic expressions, altering formula subjects, determining unknown values within formulas, and skillful factorization of linear and quadratic expressions.
- Function and Graph Understanding: Attainment of a comprehensive understanding of quadratic functions, inclusive of graph interpretation encompassing positive/negative coefficients, identification of maxima/minima points, and symmetry analysis.
- Equation and Inequality Resolution: Adept application of fundamental equation and inequality concepts, proficiently solving simple inequalities, graphing linear equations, and employing varied methods to solve simultaneous linear equations and quadratic equations.
- Practical Application Skills: The ability to formulate pairs of linear equations in two variables for problem-solving purposes, demonstrating a holistic approach to real-world applications of mathematical principles.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
Experienced Teachers: Our expert ex-MOE teachers provide top-notch guidance and support.
Real-time Performance Tracking: Parents can monitor students’ progress through detailed insights.
After-Class Support: Students receive help and clarification from teachers beyond class hours.
Al-Based Assessments: Benefit from Al-generated tests and homework for personalized learning.
Engaging Content: Interactive learning resources make studying science enjoyable and effective.
|Ratio and Proportion: The study of the relationship between quantities, involving map scales for distance and area, and direct and inverse proportionality.|
|Algebraic Expressions and Formulae: Manipulation and understanding of algebraic expressions, including expansion, changing formula subjects, and finding unknown values.|
|Functions and Graphs: Examination of quadratic functions, graphing their properties such as coefficient effects, maximum/minimum points, and symmetry.|
|Equations and Inequalities: Understanding equations and inequalities, solving simple inequalities, graphing linear equations, and solving simultaneous linear equations in two variables.|
|Factorisation and Algebraic Fractions: Factoring linear and quadratic expressions, managing simple algebraic fractions through multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction.|
|Solving Quadratic Equations and Formulating Pairs: Solving quadratic equations via factorization, and formulating pairs of linear equations to solve real-world problems.|