Geography: Urbanization and Development
- Urbanization and Development is a course that examines the relationship between urbanization and development in the global context.
- The course will focus on the processes of urbanization, including the social, economic, political, and environmental factors that drive urban growth and change.
- Students will learn about the history of urbanization, including the rise of cities and the impact of industrialization, globalization and migration on urban form and function.
- The course will also examine the effects of urbanization on development, including issues of urban poverty, housing, and inequality, as well as the challenges and opportunities presented by rapid urban growth.
- The course will also critically examine the role of urban planning and governance in shaping the development of cities and addressing urban challenges. By the end of the course, students will have a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of urbanization and their relationship to development and will be equipped to address the challenges and opportunities of urbanization.
Num of Sessions