Exploring Chemical Reactions
- This course investigates diverse chemical reactions and their applications in real-world scenarios.
- Explore the foundational concepts of experimental chemistry, from designing scientific experiments to understanding the particulate nature of matter and chemical bonding.
Delve into the fundamental principles of chemistry, covering experimental design, particle theory, bonding, and reactions. Develop essential skills in purification, analysis, and quantitative calculations. Gain a solid foundation for advanced studies in the field.
Who is this Course for?
- This course is designed for secondary 3 students seeking a comprehensive understanding of core chemical principles.
- Ideal for those aspiring to pursue further studies in chemistry or related fields.
What you will Learn?
- Understanding atomic structures and their role in chemical bonding.
- Grasping the fundamental principles of balancing chemical equations.
- Exploring various types of chemical reactions like combustion, precipitation, and redox reactions.
- Identifying and explaining the nature of different chemical bonds.
- Applying the knowledge to solve basic chemical problems and equations.
- Proficiency in explaining and differentiating between ionic and covalent bonds.
- Understanding intermolecular forces and their effects on substances.
- Ability to predict properties based on bonding types.
- Knowledge of structural formulas and their representation of compounds.
Why Learn from doerdo Tuition Course?
Experienced Teachers: Our expert ex-MOE teachers provide top-notch guidance and support.
Real-time Performance Tracking: Parents can monitor students’ progress through detailed insights.
After-Class Support: Students receive help and clarification from teachers beyond class hours.
Al-Based Assessments: Benefit from Al-generated tests and homework for personalized learning.
Engaging Content: Interactive learning resources make studying science enjoyable and effective.
|Chemical Bonding and Structure: Understanding ionic and covalent bonds involves comprehending how atoms form bonds by sharing electrons (covalent) or transferring electrons (ionic) to achieve stability. This topic explores the characteristics and differences between these fundamental types of chemical bonds.|
|Chemical Reactions: Exploration of combustion and redox reactions entails understanding combustion as a rapid reaction involving oxygen and a fuel source, and redox reactions involving electron transfer between reactants, encompassing oxidation and reduction processes.|
|Redox Chemistry: Understanding oxidation and reduction in chemical reactions involves recognizing oxidation as the loss of electrons and increase in oxidation state, while reduction involves gaining electrons and a decrease in oxidation state. This topic focuses on the interplay of these reactions.|
|Chemical Calculations: Introduction to formulae and equation writing covers the basics of representing chemical compounds through formulae and balancing chemical equations, providing the foundational skills required for further calculations in chemistry.|
|Qualitative Analysis: Identifying substances based on their characteristics involves using various techniques like color, solubility, and reactivity to determine the presence of specific ions or compounds in a given sample, aiding in qualitative identification and analysis.|